An American Girl Doll Story

An American Girl Doll Story

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Before and After Pictures of Felicity's Hair, and Hairstyle Ideas!

I was playing with my dolls, and I suddenly realized that Felicity's hair was getting all tangled up, and sort of frizzy. She looked sort of sad, like "my hair is getting gross" sad. So, I and the American Girl Farms hairstyling team went to work on fixing Lissie's hair.
This is the before picture! It doesn't look that bad, but believe me, in person, it was just terrible.
 
 
After much brushing, hair snags, and squirt bottle spritzes, it was done. The finished product was amazing, and it only took 45 minutes actually (not too long when you think about it!)
This is the after picture. Not a snag or tangle, not a hair out of place! She looked amazing (she still does :))
Now that we had that taken care of, Felicity was begging for cute styles!
Here is the Ponytail Twist one! I actually used the tutorial for this off the AmericanGirlFan website, so thank you for putting this out there!
This one was pretty easy. You take two of the front parts of the hair and you twist them, then you use the remaining back hair and make a ponytail. It was really fun!
Also, if anyone wants to see these hairstyles in video or picture tutorials, then comment or email me ( americangirldollstory.blogspot.com) and I will post the pic or video tutorial on this blog!
This is just a simple braid, but to make it look a little more fancy, do it on the opposite side of the part, and then swing it over (I know, I can't explain it well, sorry)
Here is a really complicated one. I made this up actually. I wanted to see what would happen if I just kept overlapping mini braids, and this is what I got. I loved the end result! You could even take it farther and do more overlapping, but this was all I did.
After, we did a bun (she was getting prepared to play Ma in Little House on the Prairie). I got this hairstyle off American Girl! It really called for bobby pins, but we didn't have them, so we just used the mini clips! Also, I am not sure if I did it right, because I probably wouldn't see the hair tie in the center.
This one I thought was SO pretty! It was actually SUPER easy! You just kept taking the front hair and swinging it back (again, I really need to make a tutorial since I just cannot describe without pictures!) :)
I think it turned out awesome!
More styles and some tutorials coming soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment