An American Girl Doll Story

An American Girl Doll Story

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back to School Craft!

By now, I'm sure that most of us have been back to school shopping or are still in the process of back to school shopping. Well, some of the colorful folders and notebooks and binders at places like Target or any other place could get expensive if you need a lot of them. Some schools require one for each class, so you could be using up to six folders/notebooks/binders, etc.
Well, the cheapest folders/notebooks/binders, etc. are usually the plain white ones. Sometimes, those can be boring, especially if you are an artistic person like me who likes to express themselves through things like their folders, backpacks, etc. while at school (I go to a homeschool co-op/school two-three days a week even though I'm homeschooled, which means that I still get a chance to express myself through the binders, backpacks, etc.).
Those folders though, can go from super plain and untouched to suddenly super exciting and eye-drawing in the classroom! Well, I have a great AG-inspired craft for making those plain school supplies into your own! (It's an especially great craft if your parents hate having millions of "out dated" magazines from years ago lying around the house) 
You will need: 
Scissors
Old/or new AG Magazines
Double Sided Tape
Folder, Binder, school supply you want to decorate, etc. 

First, start out with your magazines. As you can see, I have a few pretty old ones and some new ones. (Well, maybe a year old - I have even older ones though)
Go through and pick out pictures that are fairly small that you really like and want for your craft.
Next, cut them out. 
Here is one example of one that I cut out. It's fairly small yet big enough for really cute detail. Cut out a bunch of pictures that you like. Your scissoring doesn't have to be perfect, as you can see, my cuts aren't exactly along the lines. It's all arts and crafts; and there are no mistakes in art, so if you think that you "messed up" while cutting, you didn't - it's just something unique about your project. 

I am choosing to make a collage with a 5 pocket accordion (or as they call it "letter") folder. Remember, don't do any over the opening or you won't be able to get your folder open!
I did my collage on the back. Just arrange your collage the way you like it! Remember, it is all about your AG style!
Take your double sided tape (I'm using Scotch Double Sided Tape) - but you could even take regular scotch tape and fold it up to make it double sided. 
Tape down all your pictures in the collage. Remember to arrange them how you want them first so that you don't want to make a change after you've already glued stuff down. 


Here is a quick glimpse at my AG collage. So cute!

I'd love to see your collages! Just email a picture to: americangirldollstory@gmail.com 
Have fun! Remember that you can do this with any pictures or magazines!






No comments:

Post a Comment