An American Girl Doll Story

An American Girl Doll Story

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Hi everybody! I'm sorry I kind of stopped posting in October. I got a really bad cold or something like that (sore throat, coughing, tired, etc.), and I just did not feel like being online or looking at blogs or taking pictures or anything, so I kind of took a break from the blog world (I did post on the AGH Message Board once, but that was enough!) XD. So, I was all better as of last week, and then I went on a family vacation and I got home just a few days ago, thank goodness. I was really disappointed to have gotten sick in October, but luckily I was well in time to participate in the fun activities!
So, since I took a break from the online world for a little bit, imagine my surprise when I just decided to log onto my blog account today, to find out that I'd been nominated for a few awards! I hadn't looked at any blogs recently due to my cold, so of course, I was extra surprised! Wow! XD I take a break from posting, looking at blogs, being online, etc. and I still had exciting news awaiting me!
So, enough of my apologies for not being here for the past half-a-month, and now onto the award! I was awarded by Nikki (www.dollsarebestfriendsalways.blogspot.com); who has an awesome blog because different dolls besides AG are showcased on it (I think it is pretty neat to have a variety of dolls like that together on a  blog). I was also awarded by Sunny (www.everythingfununderthesun.wordpress.com) She has an awesome blog too because she posts about a variety of different subjects! She also likes the Waltons just like me! :)
I will answer Sunny's questions first and then I will answer Nikki's questions!
1. Crayons, colored pencils, or markers?
A: Colored Pencils! I love how they can color so smoothly unlike crayons, and how they don't get all runny and smudgy like markers. When I was really young though (pre-k) I used to refuse to use anything but markers (and occasionally crayons). I hated colored pencils, but now they're my favorite! XD
2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
A: My favorite is a tie between Rocky Road and Berger Cookie Ice Cream (made either at my house or by a cafĂ© place that I love to go to! You can't buy it in stores or anywhere else!)
3.What is your least favorite flavor of ice cream?
A: I love them all, but I'm not a big fan of raspberry ice creams.
4. What's your favorite holiday?
A: Christmas! I love it mainly because it is a big celebration of Jesus' birthday! The winter festivities is fun too of course!
5. Have you ever gone bowling before?
A: Yes! I've been bowling with duckpins (smaller bowling balls) since I was 4 or 5! I love going to the bowling alley with my family and friends!
6. What type of pet do you wish you had?
A: I really wish I had a horse!
7. What did you have for dinner tonight?
A: I haven't had dinner yet, but I know that I am having green bean fries, corn bread, and lentil burgers. Oh, and probably some Halloween candy for dessert...Well, maybe a little more than some Halloween candy. XD More like, a lot. ;P
8. If you celebrate Halloween what are you planning on dressing up as this year?
A: Well, Halloween was last night, but I dressed up as a tuxedo cat and it was really cute!
9. Do you like seafood?
A: NOOOO!!!! XDXD
10. Mobile device or actual computer?
A: Actual computer!
Thanks again for nominating me, Sunny!
 
Nikki's questions:
1. What's your favorite season?
A: I love the fall! The changing of the leaves is just SO beautiful! Also, apple festivals and chilly weather make it great too!
2. Do you like to dress in vintage-style clothes?
A: Yes, definitely! I am not really a graphic tee person that much - I like more vintage traditional clothing.
3. Colored Christmas tree lights or white ones?
A: Colored lights! It is just so fun to see all of the different colors twinkling. However, white lights are beautiful too!
4. Do you have any hobbies?
A: I think a better question would be "Are there any hobbies that I don't have?" XD I play musical instruments, I write, read, draw, bake, skate, blog, act, and I even dance a little too!
5. What's your favorite kind of cake?
A: Vanilla cake with chocolate icing!
6. White, milk, or dark chocolate?
A: MILK CHOCOLATE!!!! XD After milk, I'd choose dark, and then I'd say white. I don't have much experience with white chocolate.
7. Do you like to sing?
A: No - I sometimes find singing to be really annoying and I'm not very good at it anyways.
8. Do you like Disney movies? What is your favorite?
A: I love Disney movies! My favorite is probably Sleeping Beauty.
9. What do you like to do in the summer?
A: I love to sail! Sailing is my favorite activity - being out on the water is just so refreshing and docking the boat and exploring secluded islands is really fun too!
10. Do you like old T.V. shows?
A: Old television shows are the only shows that I DO like. XD My favorite is the Waltons and my other favorite is Little House on the Prairie. All of them are really good though!
Thanks again for nominating me, Nikki! 

Now, I am going to nominate 3 people. I know, I know that I'm supposed to nominate 10 people or something, but this seems to be a pretty popular award, so

1. Carrot and Claire (www.carrotandclaire.blogspot.com) - I love the beautiful photo shoots on this blog!
2. Darling Dolls (www.darlingdolls4.blogspot.com) - Her recent post of the 10 yr. old AG catalog she found is pretty darn cool!
3. Polka Dot Bee (www.polkadotbee123.blogspot.com) - I love her review posts and her photo shoots and sewing posts too. Plus, her comments on my blog always brighten my day! : )

Now, for the 10 questions! I wasn't sure if the questions were really supposed to have a theme or not, but anyway, here they are:
1. Do you like to read more realistic fiction books or fantasy books?
2. What is your favorite month and why?
3. Have you ever been surfing? (I never have, XD - I was just curious)
4. What is your favorite activity to do on a stormy day?
5. Do you prefer to be indoors or outdoors? Why?
6. Do you have any really unusual pet peeves?
7.  Would you choose ice cream or cake?
8. What's your favorite candy?
9. Is there any animal that you are afraid of?
10. Do you like to bake? If so, what is your favorite recipe to bake?

Alright, well, thanks so much for nominating me Nikki and Sunny! I really appreciate the award! You girls are great! :P

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment