An American Girl Doll Story

An American Girl Doll Story

Thursday, January 1, 2015

GOTY 2015 Collection Opinions!!!!

Grace Thomas is here and I'm going to do my opinion on her stuff! This is all just my opinion, and we all have our own. You may see a few rants throughout the posts occasionally, and while some people don't like rants, I find them interesting to read! Let's go!
Grace - $120
I LOVE Grace's look. Her blue eyes and freckles are nice and I like her hair. However, I do think she looks a lot like Chrissa, but this could be good for those who have Chrissa and want Chrissa to have a twin/sister. At least Grace is a whole lot more unique in looks than Isabelle (no, the quick addition of hair highlights do not make a doll look unique).
Her shirt seems very, very tourist-y for a trip to Paris. It's cute to wear over here, in America, though. Her boots are kind of ugly (even though they are the color of my UGG boots that I love XD) and her skirt is very plain and a tiny bit on the short side. I hope she doesn't get embarrassed sitting down (or trying to) on the plane.
Oh yeah, and the ear piercing costs extra. Goodness!!! How? This is crazy!
Welcome Gifts - $32
REALLY? Contrary to popular belief, French people do not go around wearing berets. This is kind of ridiculous. Tourists who go to France might wear a beret because they are tourist-y bunches. Why would a family who lives in France give her a tourist-y gift? As a prank? I don't know...
The cookies can be made of clay. No one is going to care whether they come in the mesh bag or cardboard box. The postcards are okay, but just paper (they pulled this one with Kanani). The roses are okay but nothing special, however, they are about the only normal gift that Grace's family in real life would ever dream of giving.
$32 for clay and paper? A touristy stereotypical beret? A tiny, nearly invisible bunch of roses?
NO!!!
French Bulldog - $22
Okay, so it is a bit reasonably priced and I have no problem with "BonBon" as a dog. However, I do have a problem with the fact that the dog has a bow on her ear and some prissy collar. The poor dog looks like she is being tortured, wearing some bow that could possibly stop her from hearing completely. The collar is kind of cute though, but they should've left it at that.
Baking Outfit - $34
I love her shirt w/the little cupcake prints and the pink leggings are so cute too. The headband and shoes are nice. Surprisingly, I really like the black apron dress! I'm so glad they added leggings underneath it so it wouldn't be cringe-worthy short.
This outfit is GREAT!!!!
Coat - $28
I wish they would've made it a traditional beige and left the ribbon accents off, but it is surprisingly okay looking, though a bit over the top. It seems kind of expensive for just a coat, though. 
Pastry Cart - $150
This is just a cheaper looking version of Kanani's shaved ice stand with some pastries put in. I was really expecting more. This is kind of silly, don't you think? 
French Bakery - $500
The price of this is outrageous and no one in their right mind is going to buy this. If you want something similar, get a large cardboard box, buy the Our Generation kitchen, put it inside there and use your imagination and make things for it. Easy! This set is a glorified OG kitchen set in a box with a hole cut in it for a window.
No one will buy this. Good luck, AG. Really, good luck.
Bistro Set - $85
This is ridiculous. $85 for a chair, table that wouldn't even fit a single doll. The chalkboard stuff can easily be made with paint of your own. I think this set is way overpriced and no one is going to pay money for one chair?! AG sure is getting very stingy, this set belongs with a bigger table and two chairs. I will NOT be buying this set and people in the right mind won't be purchasing it either.
Baking Set - $68
I LOVE this set. I have the OG kitchen and it doesn't come with any of this, so this is perfect! The tablet is a cute idea, and I'm sure no one is going to mind getting more electronics for the doll! I will be purchasing this in the very, very near future.
Pajamas - $24
I usually hate lace cami Pajamas, but I really like these. They are perfect for summertime, aren't laced in Eiffel Tower pictures or berets, but I don't like the graphics on the Pjs, I think a better choice would've been flowers on the pants rather than ridiculous symbols. They are pretty overdone if you ask me, but I kind of like them.  They look similar to Kanani's Pajamas, which is good because I never purchased them. I'm purchasing this!!! I may purchase them.
City Outfit - $34
I like the headband and shoes, and the sweater is okay. However, I do not like any of these pieces together. The long sleeves don't go with the short pants. Those pants are way too short too. What is this, a game called "How Short Can You Go" or "Let's see how much attention we can get."
My goodness. Grace needs to get a clue in the short pants department.
Accessories - $32
The purse is kind of cute and fancy. I HATE fingerless gloves and they are completely pointless. The lip gloss or whatever is okay, and the coin purse looks like it came straight out of Justice.
The only thing she would really need out of all this is the metro pass.
Travel Set - $44
Okay, the suitcase is nice and the tickets are cool, but they are really, really, really pushing it with the Eiffel Tower thing. Paris isn't all about the Eiffel Tower. It makes no sense.
 
Here is all the new MAG stuff:
Leopard Print PJs - $24
DISLIKE! Okay, this is ridiculous. I already see where this idea came from:
AG board of doll stuff making comes into work with a great idea, here's what she said: "My daughter went to sleep in mismatched pajamas and looked very cute. Suppose all the girls in America did the same?"
These are so mismatched that I actually laughed. Oh well, they are cute, but not together. What says leopard print goes with hearts? Strange. I guess it is all a personal style, though.
I don't like the ruffle shirt either.
No. Just no.
Sit & Snooze Fold-Out Bed - $48
LOVE THIS! NEED THIS!!! The pillow is amazing, I love how it turns into a bed, and the blanket is so plain and beautiful (sometimes less is more)!  
Pizza Party Set - $34
I love this! The pizza is awesome, the Slumber Wonder book is great, and who doesn't like to play Blokus???? I need this.
 
Overall, Grace is alright. She is a bit stereotypical and ignorant of the Paris culture, and extremely expensive, but she is still okay. I guess I'll have to buy her book on my Kindle!
I'll do a Christmas post soon on what I got!
 
 
 
  

1 comment: