An American Girl Doll Story

An American Girl Doll Story

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cyber Monday!!!

If you were to purchase thsi outfitI've been saving up for about three months, and I got up to $50 (not exactly, that is just an estimate)! I did a ton of work and I used some of my savings too so that I could purchase 3 items from Cyber Monday!
Well, I got 3 outfits that I have been wanting for a long time!
The 3 Outfits I got were:
The Sweet School Dress
 Julie's Casual Outfit (I have the dogs and scarf/hat items, so I wanted to complete the collection with this outfit that goes with them)
The Skateboard Set
First up is the Sweet School Dress! I've had my eye on this dress since it first came out in 2011. I'd never been quite sure about getting it, but it was half off, I loved it, so I got it (it was either this or Julie's hair set).
The skirt has very cute pleats (I think they are called) decorating it. I love the intersecting plaid stripes and this really looks like something I would wear to school or any other more formal place.
When I was deciding on getting it, I couldn't help but wonder if the puffy sleeves would look right on the doll once I got it on her (puffy sleeves gone wrong on a doll can really look bad). Much to my excitement, I think they look so cute and I like it a lot!
The clip looks very cute, especially when placed in a doll with bang's hair. Molly is lovin' the windswept/sideswept bangs look! (It almost makes me wish I had bangs!)

Next up is Julie's Casual outfit! I've tried this on my doll before (my cousin has it), but I wanted one of my own. The pattern is amazing on the shirt!

Lanie looks stunning in it, I think.
This doesn't capture the pattern, but it is raised slightly and definitely is embroidered. The tunic is great! 
The little decorations/adornments around the cuffs and neckline are actual yarn balls. I would be worried about them unraveling over time, so being extra careful with this outfit would certainly not hurt! 
The pants are SO nice and have a realistic fabric feel to them (rather than some cheap fabric). The boots are nice, sturdy, and made with quality in mind. I always appreciate when AG makes something with a high quality standard. It seems to be getting few and far between these days, but you still can purchase the little quality gems like this one.
Next is the Skateboard Outfit! I love the shoes (which is why I made the first pic of the outfit of her shoes). This picture can't quite do them justice, but I kept it because you can see the pink of the leggings in relation to the shoes.
Here is a slightly better look at the shoes (the coloring is more on point in this one). The slide right over the feet with elastic in the front, and have little mesh cutouts on the sides, like most regular sneakers do. The color is a very unique shade of blue, and is a cross between a regular teal  and a darker blue. I find it stunning!

I find that Lanie's bracelet also goes well with it. (This did NOT come with the outfit, of course).
The shorts are nice, but after the quality of Julie's Casual outfit pants, these particular pants may be seen as a bit of a let down quality wise. The pockets are nice and deep though, and AG pockets can be useful.
This shirt's beautiful neon green color can not be captured right, even after I took about a whole hundred pictures of it (I'm not kidding or exaggerating). I must say though, it is a gecko green and looks great!
Here is the detail graphic on the shirt, which is kind of nice, but I would've been able to do with out it. I still really like it though, and it does fit the outfit, so it is fine.  
I was excited for the mix-and-match possibilities of the pink leggings (I think they are adorable). However, I was a bit let down when I realized that they are really only for show underneath the shorts, because when used on their own, they ride down right away, even when she is just bending. This is a bit disappointing, but I think it is fine, as the other parts of the outfit can be used for mix-and-matching. Does anyone else with this outfit have this particular problem?
The outfit is still great and I wouldn't not get the outfit just because of a small tightness in the leggings.
 
The bottom of the skateboard is decorated very nicely, and while it might look a bit messy or all-over-the place online, it looks tastefully done in person and I really like it.
The only sneakers that will actually fit on the skateboard (that I have tired - I do not mean all the other AG shoes, just not Julie's Casual Boots or the shoes that came with the other dress that I got.) The doll's sneakers fit nicely on the skateboard under the little elastic strap and she can ride a long distance (if pushed) without falling, ever. I find this nice and the skateboard is sturdy and high quality (which it should be for the high price - even if I did get it half off!)   
The girls posed together for some cute pictures of their new outfits. They all looked more photogenic than ever before!
In the picture above, you may be able to see the green of the Skateboard shirt more vibrantly, like its color in real life. For some reason, my camera (or my mom's camera! XD) wouldn't capture it. (It is Nikon D5000 or something like that, and usually captures things perfectly)
Looking at the camera!
They all seem to be looking at something somewhat interesting, funny, and maybe a bit scary, here. XD (Really they were looking out the window at winter grass!)
 
I would've paid over $100 (including shipping, handling, tax, etc.) for these three outfits (which is pretty outrageous!). Instead, I paid about half that, around $60 (still outrageous, but not as bad). I only raised around $45-$50 (I forget how much exactly), so my parents helped me out with the rest. (I'll be working it off in chores though...*sigh*, Oh well! XD Sounds fun!)
 
I've been really, really busy around the holiday season and don't know how much I'll get to posting. I know I'll post at least one more thing during the season though (probably posting today, but do not want to make any sort of promise or raise any excitement until I know anything for sure, because I have a bad history with that...)

2 comments:

  1. Nice reviews/pictures! I have wanted the Sweet School Dress for awhile and it's nice to know your opinions on it.

    ~Lydia~ <3
    http://agdollsandbooksseeamericangirl.blogspot.com
    http://disneyfans4ever2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, I totally recommend the dress! Are you still going to get it?

    ReplyDelete